Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition (VWD) Video Feature Tour, created by MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network), is an easy and fun way to learn what you can do with VWD. The tour will take you for a walk through all things you can do with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition in order to create dynamic Web applications. The tour steps are the following:
• Visually Design your Sites
• XML, RSS, and Web Services Support
• Visual Data Designers
• Simplified Debugging
• Fully Customizable
• Easy to Configure and Deploy
• Build on a Solid Foundation
You can either take this tour on-line from the MSDN web page, or you can download it to your computer, so you don’t need to be connected during your study time.
When you download and install this tour, one new folder named “Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Feature Tour” will be created with the following two files:
1. “Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Feature Tour”, a 30 minutes Windows Media Video file with the lesson itself;
2. “EULA.ftr”, a Rich Text Format document containing license information;
This tour is the best way to begin studying Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, and also the less time consuming one. After taking this tour, you can go on and take the “Absolute Beginner’s Series VWD VB Series” course, a collection of fourteen lessons created by MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network). The course provides an introduction to Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, and is oriented to people interested in designing and building ASP.NET Web sites. If you’re interested in the tour, it’s pretty sure that you’re one of those people.
This tour is available for free for anyone who’s eager to learn and doesn’t require any prerequisites.
- The concepts to learn are listed at the beginning of the tour.
- The tour on video is very helpful you can see what the instructor is explaining.
- The tour is available on-line and for downloading.
- The tour is available only in English.
- The tour’s file is large to download.
- The video transcription is only available for downloading (not on-line).